the wonderful world of veena.

04 April 2014

40 days of giving back, day twenty-six: domino.

This was a fun and simple task, one that I've done before and will do again in the future. Yesterday I was to create a domino effect by paying for something for someone else in the hopes that they would carry it on. You know how you always hear stories of people in the drive-thru line at coffee shops paying for the car behind them, and how sometimes it carries on for 50 and even 100 cars before the line ends or someone doesn't keep it going? Something along those lines.

I don't drink coffee, and I have a weird opposition to Starbucks, so I don't often find myself sitting in coffee shop drive-thru lines unless I'm with my brother. I do, however, enjoy attending afternoon matinees during the week, so yesterday when I went to see Divergent at the ol' Malco Cordova, I paid for the ticket of the person behind me as well.

Now, I have no idea if that person continued it on further, especially because there aren't a whole lot of people in that theater on a Thursday afternoon, but my hope is that maybe they passed it on somewhere else during the course of their day.

Little things like these are so simple to do and can really brighten up someone's day and remind them to help others. I know I sound a little preachy when I say that, and that is not my intention, but it's the truth.

So let's all go out and spread a little kindness today.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs
Day Eighteen - #charitytuesday
Day Nineteen - don't hold back the wonderful
Day Twenty - Always Talk to Strangers
Day Twenty-One - Pray
Day Twenty-Two - Unplug
Day Twenty-Three - Milk, No Sugar
Day Twenty-Four - grinning = winning
Day Twenty-Five - Treasure Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment