the wonderful world of veena.

06 March 2014

40 days of giving back, day two: create a generosity jar.

Today's 40 Acts task was to create a generosity jar and to add a little money to it each day, eventually revisiting it later in the challenge. Below is my 'jar'.

[my generosity jar]
I didn't have a jar laying around, but I have this cup that I received for serving on Baylor's Student Council my senior year of high school. I've used it on-and-off over the years to collect loose change, and usually when it gets full I'll transfer it to my piggy bank [because yes, I am a 30-year-old woman who still uses her piggy bank]. I've not used it for a while, so I thought this would be a good time to pull it out of hiding. And it already had some change in it, which I figured was a good sign. I added $1 to it for today, and I'll continue to add to it for the remainder of the challenge.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes back in to play later in these 40 days.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment