the wonderful world of veena.

28 March 2014

40 days of giving back, day twenty-one: pray.

I will admit that this challenge is a difficult one for me, as I am not someone who prays regularly. My faith is complicated, and while I am spiritual person who believes we get out of life what we give, my religious beliefs are not as cut-and-dried.

I do, however, very much believe in the power of positive thinking. Not in a super New Age kind of way, but just in a "if I really believe in something, it will come true" kind of way.

I also know that there are a lot of people in the world who are in need of some positive thoughts - or prayer, if you believe in it - and who are always asking for prayer requests and such on various social media outlets. While that is not my personal style, I do always add those people to my thoughts and hope they will come through their difficult situations.

For today, since I don't sit down and pray, I thought I would use tonight's journal entry to make a list of all the people I know who are in need of some extra positive energy. The list will remind me to keep those people in particular mind in the coming days and weeks as they work through their situations, and hopefully a little bit of that energy I put out will find its way to them.

Seems like a win-win situation for us all, right?
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs
Day Eighteen - #charitytuesday
Day Nineteen - don't hold back the wonderful
Day Twenty - Always Talk to Strangers

No comments:

Post a Comment