the wonderful world of veena.

07 March 2014

40 days of giving back, day three: tool up.

Today's task was to create a list of the tools I have at my disposal that make me unique, so below is my list. Apologies if it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but I guess it's good to have these at my disposal for future job interviews.
  • I'm a good listener
  • I enjoy helping others
  • I like to think I'm a good writer
  • I work well in teams [hello, Practicum]
  • I'm a people person
  • I'm loyal, to my family and my friends but also to my sports teams
  • I'm always up for a good adventure
  • I'm punctual [not common for Indians]
  • I always know the good places to eat
  • I'm well-read and well-traveled
The next step was to use one of the items on my list to benefit someone else. I don't know if it necessarily counts as "benefitting" someone else, but I used my writing skills for two different purposes today: one was to write some job descriptions for The Wandering Samaritan as we look ahead to hiring some people in the next few months, and two was to work on my first ever story to be published on Maptia, a new website that collects stories from around the world. [I guess technically that second one really mostly benefits me, but perhaps someone who reads it down the road will get some joy out of it]

I also used my loyalty and my loud voice to cheer on the Rhodes Women's Basketball team in their first-round game of the D3 NCAA Tournament. They beat Spalding University 83-59 and play University of Texas Tyler tomorrow evening at 6pm. I think it's safe to say my voice didn't make a whole lot of difference, but I like to think maybe it did. Roll on, Lady Lynx Cats, Roll on.

I'm not one for tooting my own horn, so I think that's good enough for tonight. We'll check back in tomorrow.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment