30 favourite memories of 2012 [in no particular order]:
- Catherine and Drew's wedding weekend extravaganza.
- Walker and Joe's wedding weekend extravaganza.
- best friend Mindy's visit to the Rock.
- seeing Arkansas win the Cotton Bowl [the lone positive highlight of Arkansas football in 2012].
- getting to see Chipper Jones play one last time.
- seeing the sun rise over the Himalayas.
- Catherine's bachelorette weekend in Miami.
- running my first 10k and surviving.
- spending Spring Break with the Mann siblings in London and Paris.
- exploring Kathmandu with the Jackalope.
- enjoying the wonders of ferris wheels, Stuck on a Truck, and deep fried Snickers bars at Toad Suck Daze with Dylan and Katie.
- bungee jumping in Nepal.
- Tom Petty and Regina Spektor concert.
- seeing Manganiyar Seduction, Big Scary, Jinja Safari, Bombay Bicycle Club and Delhi Sultanate [among others] at NH7 Weekender in Pune.
- introducing my brother to Bangalore.
- San Francisco weekend with Miriam and Dave and Chris and Christina.
- hanging out with the Peanut.
- meeting President Clinton.
- working on a project with Room to Read.
- exploring Bombay as an adult.
- being welcomed into the Rajbhandari family in Pokhara for 5 days.
- a new kind of family Christmas.
- my night as an extra on an ad shoot in Bombay.
- Goa weekend with the full jing-bang.
- seeing the lights of the Kathmandu Valley.
- the Veena and Sastri Biere Club Extravaganza of 2012.
- Coorg road trip with Shonali and Sanjeev.
- Friday adventures with the Erbach girls.
- lazy Sundays with Ang and Banj.
- half the year in the States, half the year on the subcontinent, with visits to London, Paris, and Nepal thrown in for good measure. I'd say that's a pretty good year.
I am trying to choose my 30 favourite pictures from the year for next week's final 2012 wrap-up, but it's proving to be a difficult task. We'll see how well I can pull it off between now and then.
Until then, hope everyone has a wonderful end to 2012 and a great start to 2013!