the wonderful world of veena.

05 December 2012

veena's 20 greatest sports movies of all time.

Well I was obviously not going to pass this one up. I can never get enough of sports movies, so whenever someone posts their opinion on the greatest sports movies of all time, I am always ready with a list of my own. While I concur with a number of the movies on this particular list, I will admit that I've not seen all of them. Also, it's not that I don't necessarily agree with some of the choices, it's more that there are others I have on my personal list that do not appear on this one. So, without further ado, here are what I think are the 20 greatest sports movies ever. Agree with me, judge me, do what you want. This is strictly my opinion.

In no particular order other than these are the order in which they popped into my head:
  1. The Natural
  2. Field of Dreams
  3. Miracle
  4. Rudy
  5. Friday Night Lights
  6. Rocky
  7. Raging Bull
  8. Hoosiers
  9. Coach Carter
  10. Remember the Titans
  11. Moneyball
  12. The Mighty Ducks
  13. A League of Their Own
  14. The Sandlot
  15. Hoop Dreams
  16. Glory Road
  17. Bull Durham
  18. The Bad News Bears [the original. obviously]
  19. Major League
  20. Brian's Song
And now I'm in the mood for a sports movie marathon. Who's in?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment