the wonderful world of veena.

01 December 2012

december already?

I suddenly looked up this morning [ok, afternoon, by the time I rolled out of bed] and realized that it's the 1st of December. My brother's birthday month, the final buildup to Christmas, the last month of the year. And I thought back to the beginning of the year, when I said I don't make yearly resolutions but would set myself monthly goals over the course of the year. And lo and behold, my attention got diverted from even that, and I lost track of that once I was back on the subcontinent.

So here I am, attempting to wrap up the year in style by setting myself a few goals to close out 2012. It's been a crazy roller coaster of a year, and I think having a few goals for the final month will put me in a good frame of mind to enter 2013. They are as follows:

get into a proper routine. my first few weeks in Bombay have been a mish-mash of going out, meeting friends, meetings with my Capstone supervisor, traversing the city, moving from couch to couch, and generally having a good time and sleeping very little. while it's been a blast, I have not had a proper routine in nearly 2 months, and it's taking its toll. I need to get myself back into a routine of working during normal hours and not going out every night and - most importantly - sleeping an adequate number of hours each night, especially during the week. my project should be solidifying soon, which will help, and I think the novelty of being in a new city and meeting friends every day will wear off soon, so that will get my mind straightened out again. we shall see.

begin exercising in some capacity. my running shoes are currently stranded in Bangalore, and I won't be able to get them until either the end of this month or the beginning of January, so I won't be able to run again for a while, but I do want to at least start walking or something a few times a week. no exercise has also been a big contributor to my all-over-the-place lifestyle, and I hope picking that up again will help settle my mind.

read for 20 minutes every day. I was in such a good reading routine while I was in Nepal and Delhi, but I got out of it the last few weeks in Bangalore because I was in and out of town so much. I've not really gotten back into the habit since being in Bombay [read the above regarding going out every night], and I really miss it. I don't care if it's in the morning, on the train to work, or before I sleep; all I know is I want and need to get back into the habit of reading every day.

So those are my goals for December. My thinking is that ending the year by focusing on myself will start the new year off on a good foot and make 2013 a kickass year.

Wish me luck.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment