the wonderful world of veena.

20 December 2012

30 thursdays: 30 christmas wishes.



It's hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner, not just because this year has flown by, but also because it's still 30C / 85F degrees outside, and I am walking around in shorts. I'm trying to get myself into the Christmas spirit by watching my movies and listening to my music, but it's not going to be quite the same as it was last year.

For this week's installment, I would like to share with you my 30 Christmas wishes. Some are real things that I want, and some are idealistic things that I hope will happen one day during my lifetime. I'll allow you to figure out for yourself which is which.

30 Christmas wishes:
  1. the ability to beam myself places.
  2. equal education for all.
  3. a bottle of Gentleman Jack.
  4. a date with Ryan Gosling. or Clay Matthews. I'm not picky.
  5. a weekend getaway to the hills.
  6. to finally be able to unpack my suitcases.
  7. movie marathon day.
  8. 8 hours of blissful, uninterrupted sleep.
  9. 2 cans of Dr Pepper.
  10. a Senor Huey from Huey's; a Fireball of Freedom from Kwik Chek; fried chicken from Gus'; a #2 on wheat from Lenny's; any sub from Fino's; a pulled pork sandwich on Texas Toast with beans and fries from BBQ Shop; ribs from Rendezvous; bbq nachos and home chips with extra jalapenos from Central BBQ; and a cupcake from Muddy's to top it all off.
  11. a Clay Matthews jersey.
  12. one month of no responsibilities so I can travel without having to worry about assignments and emails and submissions and deadlines.
  13. to start running again. [yes, I realize this is more on me than anything else. I'm working on it. reuniting with my running shoes next week!]
  14. to have all of my friends in one place to celebrate together.
  15. a gift card to Barnes & Noble so I can download all the books on my to-read list.
  16. to go to a Packers game at Lambeau Field.
  17. Old Navy to open in India.
  18. a proper massage and facial.
  19. one day of "cold" weather in Bombay. one day. I don't think it's too much to ask.
  20. the Packers to win the Super Bowl and / or the Grizzlies to win the NBA Championship.
  21. to get IRB approval for my Capstone.
  22. to be able to convince one person in Bombay to partake in "24 hours of A Christmas Story" with me on Christmas Eve.
  23. to go two full days without having to even look at a spreadsheet.
  24. a gift voucher for a photography class in Bombay.
  25. to find my favourite lost earring.
  26. a good cutting of the hairs that doesn't cost a bomb. know of a good barber in Bombay? send him my way.
  27. my mother's spaghetti and homemade meatballs.
  28. to wake up and suddenly have a clean and furnished house.
  29. to play in the rain. [it's never going to snow here, so I'm hoping for rain instead]
  30. a hippopotamus.
I realize my list is completely scattered and random and rambling, but that's a bit like how my life has been for the last month or so, so it kind of fits. I don't really need anything for Christmas, but it wouldn't be Christmas without a little list for Santa to peruse.

Merry Christmas [5 days early] to all, and to all a good day / night!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment