the wonderful world of veena.

27 March 2014

40 days of giving back, day sixteen: bake it, make it, take it.

This was the perfect task for me that fell on the wrong day. The challenge was to bake or make something - cake, brownies, etc - and take to someone else for no reason other than to spread some joy and good deeds. As someone who greatly enjoys baking, this one appealed to me on a number of levels, but being out of town for work and running around this crazy city like a chicken with my head cut off was not conducive to following through on this plan.

I have a ton of people I would like to make brownies or cupcakes or something for, but I think when I get back to Memphis I'll take them to the local fire department or police station. I've been thinking of / wanting to do something for them in the last few months, but it kept slipping my mind, so I think this is the perfect time to finally follow through on that.

And then perhaps I will move on to sending some goodies to some of the lovelies in my life. Let me know if you want some!
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out

No comments:

Post a Comment