the wonderful world of veena.

30 March 2014

40 days of giving back, day twenty-two: unplug.

Now this is a challenge I can really get behind: unplugging for a day. No computers, no smartphones [or phones of any sort, if I have my way], as little television as possible. A day to reconnect with humanity and not be stuck in front of a screen the whole day.

It didn't happen yesterday, unfortunately, but I've already got a day lined up for it -- this Tuesday. Work is going to be a little hectic today and tomorrow as we finish up some stuff before Jason leaves for south Asia, but as of now my only plan for Tuesday is to sleep in and read and hang out with my parents. I always love a day when I can avoid computers and phones, and practically being ordered to do so makes me pretty ecstatic.

So here's to a day of unplugging and spending time with people again.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs
Day Eighteen - #charitytuesday
Day Nineteen - don't hold back the wonderful
Day Twenty - Always Talk to Strangers
Day Twenty-One - Pray

No comments:

Post a Comment