the wonderful world of veena.

27 March 2014

40 days of giving back, day eighteen: #charitytuesday.

A day not only to talk about a cause or organization but to actually give back to that cause. On Day 15, I mentioned a number of organizations that I love to support, but I realized that other than spreading verbal awareness, I had never actually contributed to Girl Rising or to their Girl Rising Fund or movement in general.

To rectify this, I did two things. First, I purchased the DVD and a shirt from the Girl Rising online shop, with a portion of the proceeds going into the Fund. I know it's not the same as putting all of that money directly into the fund, but I'd like to use the movie and the shirt to spread some more awareness about the film, so I thought it was a good way to get a little more leverage out of it.

And secondly, I filled out an application to be a Regional Ambassador for the film and the movement. I don't know what will come of it, but it's something I would really love to be a part of.

If you still don't know what Girl Rising is, check out their website to learn more about the film and the movement to give girls in the developing world more and better access to secondary education.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs

No comments:

Post a Comment