the wonderful world of veena.

19 March 2014

40 days of giving back, day thirteen: go local.

Today's task was to "go local" and support a small business as opposed to a chain. Being a Memphian, I'm a big fan of local businesses as opposed to chains, and there is no end to the choices here in the city. Unfortunately, today was a bit crazy getting ready for my trip to New York tomorrow, so I wasn't able to hit up any of my favourites [unless you count the salon where I get my upper lip threaded, that's pretty local].

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll be supporting some local businesses over the weekend, and I will be sure to get to Sweet Noshings or Kwik Chek one day next week once I'm back in town.

But just because I wasn't able to fulfill this one today doesn't mean you shouldn't! Go out and support a local business in your town today and everyday.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter

No comments:

Post a Comment