the wonderful world of veena.

19 March 2014

40 days of giving back, day twelve: #nofilter.

I wouldn't necessarily say I failed at this task, but I also wouldn't say I succeeded, either.

The challenge for yesterday was to throw away preconceived notions of people we meet and treat them as equals, showing them some form of kindness or generosity.

I was traveling back to Memphis from DC, and although I was open to striking up a conversation with someone in the airport or on my flight, it was also early in the morning, when I'm not particularly at my best.

I was polite to everyone I saw in the airport, especially to those at the check-in kiosks and at Qdoba when I stopped by for my breakfast burrito, but I never really got the opportunity to just chat with anyone.

And once I got back to Memphis, I had a lot of emails to catch up on and various things to take care of around the house before my trip to New York tomorrow, so other than the guy at the car wash and the pizza delivery guy, I didn't see anyone other than my parents.

But I say I didn't necessarily fail, because I spoke to all of these people the same way I do to everyone - I greeting them with a cheerful "Hello!" and asked how they were doing and carried on some friendly small talk. We didn't get into anything deep, but I'd still say that's a good day.

So this one was a bit of an in-betweener, but sometimes that happens.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing

No comments:

Post a Comment