the wonderful world of veena.

14 April 2014

40 days of giving back, day thirty-five: gospel.

Today's challenge was to spread the gospel with people around me, so as you can imagine, I didn't really get anywhere with it.

Instead, I thought I would share a few quotes that have stuck with me over the years and have become my "gospel" of sorts.

Do, or do not. There is no try. Because Yoda always says it best.

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. I can sometimes be down on Gandhi-ji, but this is a solid truth.

Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. Mother Teresa said plenty of things to remember, but this is one of my favourites.

It is when you're acting selflessly that you are at your bravest. Yes, it's a quote from a young-adult novel, but it's pretty true.

And then a few from my favourite famous couple, Bill and Hillary:

We cannot build our future without helping others build theirs. From my buddy Billy Jeff.

There cannot be true democracy unless women's voices are heard. From Hillary, the woman I want to be when I grow up.

A happy week ahead to you all.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs
Day Eighteen - #charitytuesday
Day Nineteen - don't hold back the wonderful
Day Twenty - Always Talk to Strangers
Day Twenty-One - Pray
Day Twenty-Two - Unplug
Day Twenty-Three - Milk, No Sugar
Day Twenty-Four - grinning = winning
Day Twenty-Five - Treasure Hunt
Day Twenty-Six - domino
Day Twenty-Seven - blooming marvellous
Day Twenty-Eight - Go Guerrilla
Day Twenty-Nine - Well-Versed
Day Thirty - Meet a Need
Day Thirty-One - be crafty
Day Thirty-Two - Clear Out
Day Thirty-Three - Soapbox
Day Thirty-Four - date in their diary

No comments:

Post a Comment