the wonderful world of veena.

02 April 2014

40 days of giving back, day twenty-five: treasure hunt.

For today, my challenge was to spend some time in a public place and see how I could help those around me.

I'll be honest, I did not go to a park today and sit around waiting to see how I might be able to help someone. Not for a lack of wanting to help people, but more for a lack of time. Instead, while I was out for a run this morning, I stopped at each overturned recycling bin - and there were quite a few, as it was a bit windy this morning - and set them right side up again and replaced all their contents. It might not have been the greatest way to help someone today, but I feel like I saved some time for the guys who come around and pick them up, so that's good enough for me.

I will admit, these tasks are beginning to seem a bit trivial from time to time, which is also why it might seem as though I am improvising on them every now and then. But I am committed to following through on this, so I still plan on sticking with it.

Here's looking forward to the tasks to come.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs
Day Eighteen - #charitytuesday
Day Nineteen - don't hold back the wonderful
Day Twenty - Always Talk to Strangers
Day Twenty-One - Pray
Day Twenty-Two - Unplug
Day Twenty-Three - Milk, No Sugar
Day Twenty-Four - grinning = winning

No comments:

Post a Comment