the wonderful world of veena.

01 April 2014

40 days of giving back, day twenty-four: grinning = winning.

Well today's task seems simple enough: instead of playing an April Fools' joke that makes fun of someone, use today to find ways to make others smile.

This is another of those tough ones when you're working from home, but I made the people at the bank laugh a little when I ran an errand for my mother earlier today, and I'm pretty sure my brother had a good little laugh at me when I made fun of myself for something earlier [it was via text message, so I don't have visual confirmation of this].

And I'm hoping that all my friends at India Palace will smile when they see me show up for dinner in about an hour.

So that counts pretty well for making me smile, right? I've certainly not made fun of anyone other than myself today, so I'll count it as a win.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs
Day Eighteen - #charitytuesday
Day Nineteen - don't hold back the wonderful
Day Twenty - Always Talk to Strangers
Day Twenty-One - Pray
Day Twenty-Two - Unplug
Day Twenty-Three - Milk, No Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment