the wonderful world of veena.

19 April 2014

40 days of giving back, day forty: celebrate.

Happy last day of the 40 Days of Giving Back Challenge!

Today's task was to have a party and invite friends and neigbours alike over to my house. I'll be honest: I didn't do that. But that's because I'm having a small dinner party for a few friends at home on Monday night, so I took today to enjoy my first day home alone and have a little celebration for myself. Call me greedy.

My parents left this morning to visit my brother for a few days, so I have the house to myself until Thursday. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but I love having the house to myself every now and then. I love the peace and quiet, being in control of the remote - hello, Braves games every day - and generally just moving at my own pace. I don't know that I could necessarily live alone all the time, but every now and then it's really nice.

So today, I took the day for myself. I thought about going to a crawfish festival, and a few friends invited me to watch the Grizzlies game with them in Midtown, but in the end, I made the decision to fully embrace being home alone. I started - and finished - a jigsaw puzzle. I went for a walk. I had Chick-fil-A at an odd time. I watched cricket matches and some random tv. I watched the Braves game. And now I am snuggled up in bed watching the Grizz game and getting ready to hit the sack. I did have a bit of human interaction when Burton stopped by to interview me for his blog, but otherwise it was just me, myself, and I. And it was pretty glorious.

There will be time for parties and celebrating with friends on Monday. In the meantime, however, I'm going to watch some basketball, catch up on some magazine and book reading, and get a proper night's sleep.

So here's to celebrating, however and wherever you wish, and here's to a completed 40 Days of Giving Back Challenge.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs
Day Eighteen - #charitytuesday
Day Nineteen - don't hold back the wonderful
Day Twenty - Always Talk to Strangers
Day Twenty-One - Pray
Day Twenty-Two - Unplug
Day Twenty-Three - Milk, No Sugar
Day Twenty-Four - grinning = winning
Day Twenty-Five - Treasure Hunt
Day Twenty-Six - domino
Day Twenty-Seven - blooming marvellous
Day Twenty-Eight - Go Guerrilla
Day Twenty-Nine - Well-Versed
Day Thirty - Meet a Need
Day Thirty-One - be crafty
Day Thirty-Two - Clear Out
Day Thirty-Three - Soapbox
Day Thirty-Four - date in their diary
Day Thirty-Five - gospel
Day Thirty-Six - Share Your Lunch
Day Thirty-Seven - be second
Day Thirty-Eight - Wipe the Slate
Day Thirty-Nine - Share Your Story

No comments:

Post a Comment