the wonderful world of veena.

04 April 2014

40 days of giving back, day twenty-seven: blooming marvellous.

So I definitely flaked on this one. Today's task was to send someone flowers 'just because'. But here's the thing. I don't send people flowers. Not because I don't like flowers, because I very much do. They're pretty and they smell good and they often brighten people's days. I don't send them mostly because they're expensive and I'm cheap. That's really all there is to it.

So instead of sending someone flowers, I'm going to send someone a handwritten note instead. I'm a big fan of handwritten cards and letters, and they're a lot cheaper and last a lot longer than flowers [unless you save the dried flowers, in which case I concede the point]. But since I'm probably not going to send any flowers to anyone today, I'll stick with my go-to: the handwritten note.

It's worked well for me in the past, and it's still a way of giving to someone to make their day brighter. I call that a win-win.
xx

Previous Tasks:
Day One - Start a Journal
Day Two - Create a Generosity Jar
Day Three - Tool Up
Day Four - Connect
Day Five - An Attitude of Gratitude
Day Six - Reach
Day Seven - Redial
Day Eight - o.t.t.
Day Nine - Listen, carefully
Day Ten - Talent Show
Day Eleven - one green thing
Day Twelve - #nofilter
Day Thirteen - Go Local
Day Fourteen - Shhhhh
Day Fifteen - Stand Up, Stand Out
Day Sixteen - bake it, make it, take it
Day Seventeen - Ps and Qs
Day Eighteen - #charitytuesday
Day Nineteen - don't hold back the wonderful
Day Twenty - Always Talk to Strangers
Day Twenty-One - Pray
Day Twenty-Two - Unplug
Day Twenty-Three - Milk, No Sugar
Day Twenty-Four - grinning = winning
Day Twenty-Five - Treasure Hunt
Day Twenty-Six - domino

No comments:

Post a Comment