the wonderful world of veena.

30 September 2011

what a way to finish the week.

This has been a crazy, hectic, up-and-down week, but today made up for all of it.  Former President Bill and current Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton are in town for the weekend, and we had the opportunity to see both of them today.

This morning, Bill spoke at the opening and dedication of the new pedestrian bridge and wetlands down by the Presidential Center.  And in the afternoon, after getting a picture with the Clinton School students, Hillary gave a lecture to an audience of about 150 people.  Following the lecture, I got to meet Hillary and get a picture with her, which I will post on here as soon as Jacob uploads them.

It was, hands down, the coolest experience of my 28 years.

In other news, today also concludes my 30-posts-in-30-days challenge.  I apologize that some of the posts were a bit dry on those days I was running around doing other things, but I'm pretty proud of myself nonetheless.

Will I do it again?  Possibly.  But most likely not this month - there's enough other stuff going on.  There is a cool thing that good did this month where they challenged people to do a new thing every day, such as send someone a postcard or say hi to 3 strangers on the street.  You know I am a sucker for things like that, but it was already a week into it by the time I found out about it.  I wrote them all down, though, and will do my best to get through them before the end of the semester.  I'll keep you posted on how that turns out for me.

Until then, however, it is back to paper-writing and presentation-making for the rest of the evening.  Wish me luck.

And Woo Pig.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment