the wonderful world of veena.

12 September 2011

tickets are booked!

I realized that my earlier post-that-wasn't-really-a-post was a copout and couldn't properly be counted toward my 30-in-30 blog challenge - to myself - so I therefore decided to be proactive and do something worth mentioning.

And I did.

I booked my tickets to Ann Arbor!

A little background: my good friend Shalini has also moved from Bangalore to the US for graduate school. She is currently enrolled at the University of Michigan's graduate program in Public Policy, and I promised her when we parted in early July that I would visit her in Ann Arbor.

My reasons for wanting to visit her were many-fold:
     1. I miss Bangalore, and any chance to spend with fellow transplanted Bangaloreans [we were both knighted] should never be passed up.
     2. I have never been to a game in the Big House, and before last weekend, Shalini had never been to a college football game, period, so I figured this would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone.
     3. I like to get out of town every now and then; too much time spent cooped up in one place drives me nuts.
     4. There are direct flights from Little Rock to Detroit, and a shuttle from the Detroit campus into Ann Arbor, so it's about as easy of a weekend trip as you can get.
     5. It's Homecoming weekend.  Game is against Purdue.  What could be better.

I know it's a month and a half away, but I'm already getting excited.  And I found out today that one of our former Peace Child interns and a U of Mich alum, Chloe, is also going to be in town that weekend.  The odds of us actually finding each other amongst the hundreds of thousands of people that will be around are pretty much next to none, I realize, but it's good to dream.

And it will give me a reason to wear lots of warm clothing.
Woo pig.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment