the wonderful world of veena.

08 September 2011

the week of ridiculousness.

This week has zapped me, which is sad for two reasons:
1) Monday was Labor Day, which meant no classes.
2) it's still only Thursday night.

So what has happened in these last 3 days that has been so exhausting?  I'll tell you.

Tuesday was a full day of Practicum, including a group assignment to begin working on our Memorandum of Understanding.  A full day from 9 to 5.  Had to finish purchasing Baby Nilah's birthday present so that I can attempt to get that parcel to Bangalore as close as possible to her actual birthday.  Then Nathanial invited me to the Saucer for Trivia, and because I had ditched a few weeks ago, I wanted to go.  Went for an hour and had to come home to study.

Wednesday was a full day of classes to make up for missing Monday.  Decision Analysis in the morning, a lunch with some of the staff from the Clinton Foundation, and Leadership in the afternoon which included a group project as well.  Another 9 to 5 day.  Followed by the Republican debate, which Angela and I decided to turn into a drinking game.  Who knew they would say "Reagan" so many times?  41 mentions and a bottle of coconut rum later, we were much wiser.

Today [Thursday] was a full-day workshop on conflict mediation.  It was interesting stuff, but there was too much sitting around and not enough activities - particularly after lunch.  At one point I looked around the room and saw at least 12 people struggling to keep their eyes open.  After that from 9 to 5.15, it was over to Sturgis to hear Robert Fogarty of evacuteer and dear world speak.  From there it was on to Gusano's to catch the first half of the Packers / Saints NFL Opener before heading home to sort out my life.  An hour later, I have finally finished going through my emails and figuring out my schedule for the upcoming weeks - our class schedule is going to be messed up for a few more weeks as a repercussion of Labor Day and this workshop.

And tomorrow we have the workshop again from 9 to 12.30 followed by a Practicum group meeting to discuss our project.  After that I have to purchase a grill for my house / our class' Saturday tailgate for the Razorback game before going to visit Mrs Hughes and then eventually on to the Class 6 v Class 7 kickball game.  Which is at 5.  And then a full night of reading for next week.

But for now it's off to finish learning all about the Delta Garden Study.
I'm still [possibly stupidly] hoping for 7 hours of sleep tonight.
Wish me luck.
Woo pig.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment