the wonderful world of veena.

07 September 2011

shout-out to christie.

Anyone who knows me knows of my obsession with sports.  I grew up going to all of my brother's sporting events and watching whatever game was on tv during dinner.  My two lifelong obsessions, the Braves and the Razorbacks, were cultivated at a young age.  At any point, if you turned on my television, you would most likely find it tuned to ESPN [or TBS, back when they showed Braves games].

Living in India for the past 4 years made it very difficult to keep track of all my various sports obsessions.  espn.com was very helpful in attempting to keep up, particularly columns by Bill Simmons and Pat Forde.  Forde's "Forde Yard Dash" was a great way to stay in touch with the college football happenings since it recaps most of the major things that happen over the course of the week - it covers not only scores and recaps of the big games but also various news stories as well.

Last week, Forde's column was a preview of the upcoming season [that I am actually in the country to watch!], and it included a "literary corner" that featured a book review of Gridiron Belles, written by none other than my fellow Rhodent, Christie Mueller!  I am about to purchase my copy, and you should, too.

[you can read this week's Forde Yard Dash column here]
Woo pig.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment