the wonderful world of veena.

29 January 2012

looking ahead into february.

Since I am once again awake at an ungodly hour to watch Rafa, I thought I could go ahead and share my goals/resolutions for February. They're going to be interesting, since one is the reduction of a major habit, and the other is [hopefully] the beginning of a new one.

no facebook. That's right, I said none. From midnight February 1st to 11.59pm February 29th, I will not be logging in to my Facebook account. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and while it would probably make more sense to boycott Facebook during finals or some such event, I decided to go ahead and do it in February. And this leads into my second resolution for the month...

write one email every day to a friend. Partly because of the ease of Facebook, and partly because I'm a bit lazy, I have become really bad at writing personal emails to friends to catch up. So this month, instead of reading people's updates online and posting my own, I am going to reach out via email to restart a more personalized conversation. [and yes, I realize that phone calls and handwritten letters are even more personalized, but here's the thing: I don't like speaking on the phone, and stamps are expensive, so this is really my best option. baby steps]

and an ongoing one for the semester:

continue to read for fun for 20 minutes each night. I've been keeping up with this so far, but it's only been a few weeks. My goal is to stick with this for the duration of the semester, partly because I enjoy reading, partly because it's a good way to get my mind off of school, and partly because I sleep much better when I've calmed my mind down a bit before bed. I currently have about 100 pages left in The Lost Flamingoes of Bombay [Siddharth Dhanwant Shangvhi] and then am hoping to move on to the first book of the Hunger Games series [Suzanne Collins].

Bring it on, February. I'm ready.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment