the wonderful world of veena.

28 January 2012

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

At the beginning of the month, I set two goals for myself: to visit the LEGO exhibit at the Clinton Library and to book tickets somewhere - anywhere - for Spring Break.

Well, I'm batting .500.

I haven't made it to the LEGO exhibit yet, but that's because Dylan was out of town, and we decided to make it a family outing. We've postponed it for a week, so I should still be able to make it over there before it closes on the 12th of February. I'm not sweating it. Yet.

And as for Spring Break. I'M BOOKED! Through sheer luck and awesomeness, the Mann siblings actually want me to come visit. I am flying into London and spending a few days with Ellie-Bear before taking the train over to Paris to spend a few days with Mr Rob while Ms Ellie "studies" for an exam. And then it's back to London for a few more days of fun before heading back State-side. I. can't. wait. This trip excites me for many reasons:

  • I love the Mann siblings.
  • I heart London. a lot.
  • I've never been to Paris.
  • I needed something kind of crazy and spontaneous. and out of town. [remember those itchy feet I'm always going on about?]
  • my cousin, who lives in Italy, is possibly going to be in Paris at the same time.
  • lots of cool people live in London, and I very much enjoy hanging out with them.
  • it's roughly halfway between now and my return to Bangalore. makes the time go by so much faster.
So all in all, I'd say I did fairly well with my January resolutions. I have some bigger ones in store for February, which I will update you on in a few days.

Happy weekend!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment