the wonderful world of veena.

20 January 2012

and spring semester has begun.

Apologies for the radio silence of late. A new semester began on Tuesday, and it has been mostly nonstop since then.

Tuesday is Practicum day, so after class from 9-10.30, we headed down to Monticello for interviews and got back home only around 7. Wednesday I had class from 9-12, came home and went for a run, and then had the girls from 2.30 until about 6.30. From there I had a call with my contact at Room to Read and then headed over to celebrate Jordan's birthday with some pizza and a viewing of the season finale of Homeland. No better way to start watching a show than by beginning with its last episode. Then Thursday I had class from 9-1 and again from 1.30-4.30 and then went to the temple, which is over in North Little Rock. From there we had a family dinner, and then it was back home to get a start on all of this reading.

Luckily I don't have class on Friday, so I managed to sleep in this morning and get in a good run before settling down to some more work. It's going to be a pretty crazy semester, particularly through Spring Break, so I'm going to have to be good about setting my schedules and sticking with them. So far I have also been able to be in bed early to read for fun for about 20 minutes before going to sleep, which I've been grateful for. As the semester gets more busy, and as the public programs start up again, we'll see how long I am able to keep up with that, but to make it a week is a pretty good sign.

I have also switched up my running routine a bit, which I will discuss next week during one of my fabulous 10k tuesday posts. [no, I haven't forgotten about them. I'm just not sure about weekly posts on the subject any longer. we'll see how things go]

So here's to a fun-filled semester where I don't lose all my marbles.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment