the wonderful world of veena.

23 January 2012

10k tuesday: holy 3.5 miles, batman.

So I clearly didn't get around to running 4 miles over the break. Instead, I finally realized last week that my race is in less than 2 months, and I need to get myself in gear. I've been staying on top of my running, and I finally hit 3.5 miles today. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't easy, but I did it. I've been going back and forth between how much I need to increase my time / distances from here on out, and I still haven't come up with anything conclusive. If you have any suggestions, be sure to let me know.

I also made a very big decision last week in regards to my running: NO MORE 6AM RUNS. That's right, no more getting up at ridiculous hours of the morning and running when it's cold and dark. That's not for me, and I finally realized what a toll it was taking on me. And besides, being in bed by 10pm is just not feasible for a graduate student. So instead, I am sleeping until 7 and then running as and when I get time during the week. Some weeks I might be able to run 3 times, others maybe only once, but I prioritize getting back on a proper sleep schedule more than being able to run a super fast 10k. Call me crazy.

Last week I got in a good 20-minute run between Program Evaluation and work, and today I did my 3.5 miler between Professionalism and work. On the days we don't have noon programs, I usually have time before work to get in some sort of run, and then I have at least one day over the weekend to have a nice long one. And you know what? That's good enough for me.

Until next time.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment