the wonderful world of veena.

04 February 2012

random rambles.

It's been a hazy-crazy-dazy kind of week, so my copout is to leave you with a list of the things shuffling around in my mind at the moment...

1. Jane and Dillard came down yesterday and we went to see Will Hoge play at Stickyz downtown. They've seen a lot of his shows over the years, but I hadn't seen him since Music Fest 2001. He's still awesome. And I remembered how much I love live music.

2. Today was our student session with President Clinton. It was pretty cool to sit right in front of him and listen to him answer my fellow students' questions. He knows so much about such a variety of subjects. If only there weren't a two-term limit...

3. It's looking like we might just be able to complete all of our interviews for our Practicum project. Maybe. Let's give it a few more weeks before we make any big decisions.

4. Tomorrow I am supposed to run 4.2 miles. I've never run that far before in my life. I've been having some sort of mental block about getting past the 4-mile mark, so here's hoping it's not too traumatic.

5. I'm almost finished with The Lost Flamingoes of Bombay. It's been a bit of an up-and-down read. I'll do a full review next week once I've completed it.

6. It's going to be a crazy semester. My weekends are full from now until I leave for India in May. How that happened, I'll never know. But it's going to be one hell of a ride.

7. Each week I get more and more excited about my summer project. All of the contacts I've had at Room to Read are awesome, and the more my project gets cemented, the more I can't wait to get there and get started.

8. I'm slowly beginning to make some big decisions about the next few years. Once I get a few more things confirmed, I'll announce them to the blog-o-sphere.

9. At this time, in 6 weeks, I'll be running around London with Ellie-Bear. I can't wait.

10. I've generally gotten off to a good start for the semester. Staying on top of my reading; no more 6am runs; reading for pleasure every night before bed; cooking at home more often and generally eating better; 7.5 hours of sleep every night... I like how we've started, now let's see if we can keep it up.

That's all for this week. It's going to be an early Saturday night for this girl. Hopefully next week I'll have some more fun things to impart.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment