the wonderful world of veena.

21 February 2012

10k tuesday: it's crunch time.

Race day is in less than 2 weeks!

While I haven't gotten up to the full 6.2 miles - and I most likely won't now that it's so close - I ran 5.5 over the weekend and survived. It took a bit longer than I would have liked, but I'm partly chalking that up to not having run a long distance in two weeks. Which is my own fault, I know. So I'll live with it. And also to the fact that somewhere between miles 3 and 4, I seem to just hit a brick wall. I need to work on that. In the next 2 weeks.

Since I'm not supposed to run too long of a distance the week before the race, I was thinking that I might do a 6.5-7 mile jog/walk, just to keep myself in practice and to get used to a longer distance. As in, jog 3/4 of a mile, walk 1/4 of a mile, and repeat. That way I'm still getting in a good run, but I'm not attempting to do the whole thing at once and "running" the risk of injuring myself [pun intended, even if it is a bad one]. Which is, in all honesty, always a possibility with me.

At this point, I'm just ready for the race to be here.
Then I have to find new ways to motivate myself to keep running.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment