the wonderful world of veena.

08 February 2012

10k tuesday: inching our way there.

Sorry for the lack of update yesterday - I left home at 6.30 in the morning and returned only at 10.30 pm, when I promptly fell into my bed and did not emerge until 8.30 this morning.

But. I have a very positive update for this week. I ran 4.2 miles on Sunday and actually ran it faster than the 3.8 last Monday, which was pretty exciting for me. Also, because it was Sunday and I wasn't crunched for time, I drove down to Big Dam Bridge and ran along the River Trail, which was probably the best decision I could have made. Because it's a long trail, I didn't run around in circles 25 times, and it's very scenic down by the river and Murray Park. I think I'm going to try to do the remainder of my long runs down there from now on.

Part of the reason I think I was able to pick up my pace so much was that I had done a half-hour run on Friday. I'm going to try to stick to that schedule from here on out, as time allows.

This Sunday I'm hoping to get up to 4.6 miles. Ideally I would do something closer to 5, but it all depends on how I'm feeling.

Look at me, I'm a running machine!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment