the wonderful world of veena.

27 February 2012

another month gone.

With February coming to a close, I thought I would reflect on how I did with this month's resolutions:

no facebook. Other than checking it twice - once to get contact information for something that was due for my Professionalism class, and once because Facebook kept sending me emails saying that I had notifications pending - I've been good about following this one. And I have to say, it's been really nice. It took me a few days to get out of the routine of clicking on it, but once I managed about three or four days, I was fine. I'm hoping that my use from now on will be scaled back a bit, but who knows.

sending one personal email each day to a friend. Hmm. I definitely did not do this every day. I don't know why I think I will keep up with something like that. I will say that I was definitely better about correspondence this month than I usually am, and I did email people more than usual, but I was nowhere near close to sending one email each day. I'm hoping to stick to a goal of one or two per week from now on.

Additionally, as some of you might know, I stopped drinking in the middle of January as part of my training for my 10k, and I am happy to report that I have stuck with that. I did not, however, also stick to my plan of giving up soda. I was doing really well until a family dinner at Texas de Brazil, when my brother ordered himself a Dr Pepper. It just looked so refreshing, and it looked like it went so well with the food, that I couldn't resist. I'm not drinking as much soda as I was leading up to the holidays, so that's at least something positive I can take from that.

I'm coming up with my resolutions / goals for the month of March and will be posting those in the next few days.

Happy Monday!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment