the wonderful world of veena.

27 June 2013

30 thursdays: 30 MORE things I bet you didn't know about me.


As my 30thursdays posts draw to a close, I thought I would share a few more things about myself that I wasn't able to include in my initial list.

30 MORE things I bet you didn't know about me:
  1. I almost know how to clip my nails all by myself. I'm growing up.
  2. Until about 2 years ago, I refused to wear closed-toe shoes. Rain or shine - and sometimes even snow - flip-flops were the only form of footwear for me.
  3. I sometimes am known to throw things at the television during sporting events. My roommates in college would clear the room of breakable items if they knew a big game was on.
  4. For a number of years I have had a secret desire to shave my head, but I fear I might have an oddly-shaped skull.
  5. I am fiercely loyal to my sports teams / athletes - Razorbacks, Braves, Packers, Grizzlies, RCB, India Cricket, Rafa Nadal - and am crazy protective of them. General rule of thumb: I am allowed to yell and shout at them when they're being stupid, but you are not.
  6. There's no such thing as being too cold to eat ice cream.
  7. Sometimes, when perusing Facebook, I feel an overwhelming urge to correct all the spelling and grammar mistakes that I see.
  8. I count stairs wherever I go, no matter how many times I've climbed up or down a particular staircase.
  9. I sometimes remember to get my hairs cut once a year, I don't own a hair dryer, and I cannot remember the last time I combed my hair.
  10. The two greatest presents I've ever received were both from my brother: a life-size, autographed cardboard standee of Chipper Jones for my 21st birthday, and Chipper's rookie card from his days with the Macon Braves when I finished grad school. He's a pretty awesome brother, I think I'll keep him.
  11. I am always in awe of musicians because I possess absolutely no musical talent.
  12. I wish I could speak even one foreign language properly, but I lack the discipline or decision-making ability to choose which one.
  13. I try to read for at least 30 minutes every night before I fall asleep.
  14. I really enjoy washing dishes.
  15. My ability to speak English has been seriously messed up after living abroad. I pronounce most words the "American" way, but there are some I say the "British" way, and there are others that come out sounding the "Indian" way. It's safe to say I'm confused in my life, and my brother gets a lot of mileage out of making fun of me.
  16. I don't know how to edit my photographs.
  17. If I ever get married [and that's a big "if"], the following 2 songs will play at my reception / party: "Pehla Nasha" from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar and "At the Beginning" from Anastasia.
  18. I hate reality competition shows.
  19. On the flipside, I can watch the crap out of some Duck Dynasty or Love it or List it.
  20. I am an expert at packing.
  21. I'm really good at Wheel of Fortune. Like scary good.
  22. I would always rather be cold than hot. I can't function if I'm too hot.
  23. When I was about 3 years old, I would spend a lot of my days watching Silsila over and over. Like 3 times a day. I knew 3 functions on the VCR - Play, Stop, and Rewind - and I would utilise them to watch my favourite love triangle play out.
  24. I'm a dog person.
  25. Whenever I discover Dr Pepper in a foreign place, it's always the best moment of my life.
  26. I watched all 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights in 10 days. It was one of the greatest 10-day spans ever.
  27. Ramesh once promised me $5 if I didn't talk the whole way home from Memphis to Helena. I didn't make a sound, and 20 years later, I have yet to see a penny of that promised money. I swear I'm not bitter.
  28. I love being the girl without a phone.
  29. At one point a few years ago, every piece of clothing I owned was either blue or green. I'm trying to expand my colour pallet these days.
  30. I love kids, but I very much appreciate spending time with Other People's Kids. I'm not ready for that kind of life commitment just yet.
And there you have it, pretty much anything you could ever hope to know about me.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment