the wonderful world of veena.

20 August 2011

we survived.

Orientation Week is officially over, and we all somehow managed to survive.  Everyone kept saying that Orientation is the busiest week of the year for us, and if that's the case, I'm pretty sure I can now do anything I set my mind to.

It was an absolutely exhausting week, but it was also really good.  I am not used to full-time days, and sleeping on an egg crate on the floor was just not conducive to good nights.  Luckily my bed came on Thursday, and I am now in a much better frame of mind.

A few highlights included:
  • a faculty-sponsored dinner at Gusano's.
  • free food all week [I bought one meal for myself.  awesome].
  • an Arkansas Travelers game at which Jordan and I pretty much came up with our life's mission.
  • a Class 6-sponsored cookout at a beautiful house overlooking the river.
  • a visit to historic Central High School.
  • an opportunity to write on the Main St Bucket List wall
  • a fun night at the Town Pump with some of my classmates following the Dean's Reception
  • a crazy party courtesy of Snap, Crackle and Pop
  • a tour of the Clinton Presidential Center [I found my family's brick!].
  • Britney and me already being branded as the Class Clowns.
  • meeting the cool faculty and staff of the Clinton School
  • hanging out with my awesome classmates, who I think are going to be great influences over me for the next 2 years, as well as with some awesome Class 6 kids, who I think are going to be great role models.
Like I said, I am exhausted, but I am also really excited for what the coming years are going to offer.  A chance to study the effect of school gardens on childhood obesity as my Practicum project; an opportunity to travel anywhere in the world I wish to go for my IPSP; and a chance to make a difference for an organization either here in Little Rock or anywhere in the world for my Capstone.  It's going to be a lot of hard work, a lot of long nights and weekends spent reading and studying and writing papers and presentations, but I think it will be completely worth it.

Now I just need to finish buying school supplies.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment