the wonderful world of veena.

03 August 2011

peace out, yeddy.

It happened last week, but there was a lot going on, and I didn't get a chance to mention it.  Yeddyurappa, the Chief Minister of Karnataka for the last 2.5 years, resigned in the midst of yet another scandal attached to his name.

Earlier in the year it was being involved in a land scam, but even though everyone knew he was involved, nothing could be proven.  Well, they finally got him as part of the illegal mining of iron ore that's bringing down some of the wealthiest people in India.

He's also generally just a bit slimy.  I saw him at a ribbon-cutting at Cubbon Park last year, and he looked like that creepy uncle from Monsoon Wedding who put on a good face in front of everyone but was secretly feeling up one of the nieces.  Gross.  I made sure to scrub myself extra hard that evening.

And when I left Bangalore, I said I wouldn't return until either he resigned or was voted out of office.  I just didn't think it would happen so soon.  I hope they don't vote someone equally as stupid into the position before I return.  If only I could vote there.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment