the wonderful world of veena.

02 May 2013

30thursdays: 30 awesome things from my childhood.

I find myself getting nostalgic for the beauty of my childhood. Not because I'm freaking out about turning 30 or anything like that. I think it's more because the reality of finishing grad school and having to look for "real" jobs is beginning to sink in, and I remember the peacefulness and freedom of being a child and thinking that waiting one week for the new episodes on T.G.I.F. was the biggest problem in my life. I had such an amazing childhood, full of so many different, fun things, and today I shall share some of my reminiscences with you.

30 awesome things from my childhood:
  1. the original Nintendo. 
  2. Dukes of Hazzard model cars. 
  3. Skip-It. 
    [image via]
  4. Pogo Balls. 
    [image via]
  5. Polly Pockets. yep, I said it. 
    [image via]
  6. the original Game Boy. 
  7. Sonic the Hedgehog
  8. Mad Libs. 
  9. Choose Your Own Adventure books. 
  10. Saved by the Bell, Full House, and Family Matters. 
     
      

  11. slap bracelets. 
    [image via]
  12. The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and Scooby Doo. 


  13. Nickelodeon Gak. 
    [image via]
  14. candy bracelets and necklaces. 
    [image via]
  15. Pocket Rockers. 
  16. Super Mario Kart. 
  17. Trapper Keepers. 
    [image via]
  18. Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and Nickelodeon Guts. 


  19. Teddy Ruxpin. 
  20. Care Bears, Garbage Pail Kids, and My Little Pony. 

    [image via]

    [image via]
  21. the Goosebumps series. 
    [image via]
  22. layered slouch socks and t-shirt ties. 
    [image via]
     
    [image via]

  23. He-Man and She-ra, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Inspector Gadget. 
    [image via]

    [image via]

  24. Michael Jackson before his nose peeled off and he became all creepy. 
  25. Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Ghostwriter, and Clarissa Explains it All. 


    [image via]
  26. Invisible Ink activity books. these kept me entertained for hours on our India trips. 
    [image via]
  27. Legos. 
  28. American Gladiators. 
    [image via]
  29. Macho Man Randy Savage. 
    [image via]
  30. wooly willy. 
    [image via]
I am certainly a child of the '80s if ever there was one.
xx

ps. I know I've been majorly slacking on these blog posts. My plan is that once graduation has come and gone - taking with it my Capstone Final Report, my online Grant Writing class, and my Independent Study - I will start cranking out a few of these a week to make up for the last few months of my life. Have no fear, we will get 30 of these on here before I actually turn 30. [in order for that to happen, however, I could use some more suggestions on topics, please and thank you :)]

[images are from wikipedia except where otherwise noted]

No comments:

Post a Comment