Summer has arrived in Memphis, and as I will be State-side for the foreseeable future, I have decided to come up with a bucket list of the things I would like to accomplish in the next 3 or so months. It's also the first summer that my brother and I will both be living at home since probablyyyy...1999 or so? So I fully plan on pulling him along on as many of these adventures as I can. Wish me luck, and let me know if there is anything else I need to add to my list!
30 things on my summer bucket list:
- Braves game!
- Redbirds game[s].
- attend an outdoor concert [I know Riverfest happened last week, but I'd like to make it for one in Memphis or Nashville as well].
- have a picnic. preferably in Tom Lee Park, but adjustments can be made.
- see The Man of Steel.
- go bowling.
- play putt-putt.
- weekly lunches / dinners with friends.
- run outside at least twice a week.
- read at least 4 books.
- go to Graceland.
- see the stingrays at the Memphis Zoo.
- watch Friday Night Lights the tv show.
- make homemade ice cream and popsicles.
- go to an amusement park.
- send one handwritten card or letter to someone each week.
- visits to St Louis, Nashville, and Chattanooga.
- potential visits to NY and / or DC? [it's difficult to pay for plane tickets when you don't have an income...]
- cookout with friends.
- spend time at the library.
- learn how to make 3 simple dinner dishes. I've really got to learn how to cook one of these days.
- learn a new skill / pick up a new hobby.
- watch as many of the movies in our "best sports movie of all time" bracket as I can.
- explore new restaurants in Memphis.
- visit at least 2 museums / art galleries.
- go one week without social media or television. think I can probably throw in using the computer on that one as well.
- somehow convince my parents how easy it is to recycle now that Cordova has been annexed.
- brainstorm new gardening ideas with my mother and actually learn how to garden.
- renew my driver's license and passport.
- finally get a new Social Security card to replace the one that got lost when my wallet was stolen in 2009. only 4 years late on that one. no big deal.
Ok, so those last two are more housekeeping things that need to be done, but hey, I should also feel like I accomplished a few things with my summer, right? And now to get started. September and college football are right around the corner.