the wonderful world of veena.

30 May 2013

30 thursdays: 30 things on my summer bucket list.


Summer has arrived in Memphis, and as I will be State-side for the foreseeable future, I have decided to come up with a bucket list of the things I would like to accomplish in the next 3 or so months. It's also the first summer that my brother and I will both be living at home since probablyyyy...1999 or so? So I fully plan on pulling him along on as many of these adventures as I can. Wish me luck, and let me know if there is anything else I need to add to my list!

30 things on my summer bucket list:
  1. Braves game!
  2. Redbirds game[s].
  3. attend an outdoor concert [I know Riverfest happened last week, but I'd like to make it for one in Memphis or Nashville as well].
  4. have a picnic. preferably in Tom Lee Park, but adjustments can be made.
  5. see The Man of Steel.
  6. go bowling.
  7. play putt-putt.
  8. weekly lunches / dinners with friends.
  9. run outside at least twice a week.
  10. read at least 4 books.
  11. go to Graceland.
  12. see the stingrays at the Memphis Zoo.
  13. watch Friday Night Lights the tv show.
  14. make homemade ice cream and popsicles.
  15. go to an amusement park.
  16. send one handwritten card or letter to someone each week.
  17. visits to St Louis, Nashville, and Chattanooga.
  18. potential visits to NY and / or DC? [it's difficult to pay for plane tickets when you don't have an income...]
  19. cookout with friends.
  20. spend time at the library.
  21. learn how to make 3 simple dinner dishes. I've really got to learn how to cook one of these days.
  22. learn a new skill / pick up a new hobby.
  23. watch as many of the movies in our "best sports movie of all time" bracket as I can.
  24. explore new restaurants in Memphis.
  25. visit at least 2 museums / art galleries.
  26. go one week without social media or television. think I can probably throw in using the computer on that one as well.
  27. somehow convince my parents how easy it is to recycle now that Cordova has been annexed.
  28. brainstorm new gardening ideas with my mother and actually learn how to garden.
  29. renew my driver's license and passport.
  30. finally get a new Social Security card to replace the one that got lost when my wallet was stolen in 2009. only 4 years late on that one. no big deal.
Ok, so those last two are more housekeeping things that need to be done, but hey, I should also feel like I accomplished a few things with my summer, right? And now to get started. September and college football are right around the corner.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment