the wonderful world of veena.

23 May 2013

30 thursdays: 30 favourite athletes.


It's no secret that I'm a crazy sports fanatic. I've bled Braves red and blue, Razorback red, Packers green and yellow, and now Grizzlies blue and white for as many years as I've been alive [or in the case of the Grizzlies, as many years as they've been in Memphis]. In recent years - since the opening edition of the IPL in 2008 - I've included RCB red and gold and, on occasion, CSK yellow. I grew up attending all of my brother's various games and matches and meets, and sports has always been and will continue to be part of my life's fabric.

Over the course of the last 30 years I have amassed a fair number of favourite athletes, and today I introduce you to them. It won't come as a surprise to most of you that my list is pretty full of Braves, Razorbacks, Packers, Grizzlies, and cricket players. I'm pretty simple that way.

30 favourite athletes:
  1. Mahendra Singh Dhoni. obviously. 
    [image via]
  2. Chipper Jones. 
    [image via]
  3. Aaron Rodgers. 
    [image via]
  4. Rafael Nadal. 
    [Gugi and I got to meet him at the Chennai Open in 2008! one of two moments in my life when I've been completely speechless]
  5. Corliss Williamson. 
    [image via]
  6. Clay Matthews. 
    [image via]
  7. Joe Montana. 
    [image via]
  8. Jim McMahon. 
    [image via]
  9. AB de Villiers. 
    [image via]
  10. Michael Jordan. 
    [image via]
  11. Brian McCann. 
    [image via]
  12. Tayshaun Prince. 
    [image via]
  13. Mike Conley, Jr. 
    [image via]
  14. Marc Gasol 
    [image via]
  15. Zach Randolph 
    [image via]
  16. Tony Allen 
    [image via]
  17. Greg Maddux. 
    [image via]
  18. Tom Glavine. 
    [image via]
  19. John Smoltz. 
    [image via]
  20. Brett Favre. 
    [image via]
  21. Andre Agassi. 
    [image via]
  22. Joe Adams. 
    [image via]
  23. Darren McFadden. 
    [image via]
  24. Tim Hudson. 
    [image via]
  25. Daniel Vettori. 
    [image via
  26. Rahul Dravid. 
    [image via]
  27. Roger Federer. 
    [image via]
  28. Shane Battier. 
    [image via]
  29. Javy Lopez. 
    [image via]
  30. Mark Wohlers. because he'll always be my favourite closer. 
    [image via]
Looking over this list brings back a lot of great memories from all my years, and I'm reminiscing about why I love each and every one of these guys.
xx

1 comment: