the wonderful world of veena.

08 July 2013

1/2 marathon monday: and here we go.

Today marked the first workout to train for my race in October, and I only have one thing to say: I much prefer straight up running.

The workouts are through the Nike Training Club app, and today's was the 45-minute Get Lean Beginner Hurricane workout. It's a combination of stretches and lunges and planks and skipping rope and a few other things, and it was tough. There were definitely a few moments where I had to stop to catch my breath, but I somehow made it through. I know I have to do these workouts to get into better shape for my race, and I'll do them, but they're going to really test me. Which I know is the point, but still. I can run for 45 minutes, but this was something else entirely.

At this point I don't have a whole lot to say since I'm only one day into my training. The rest of the week consists of a 1 mile run tomorrow, a different 45-minute workout Wednesday, a 1.5 or 2 mile run on Thursday [I'm still getting mixed signals from the app as to how far it wants me to run], another 45-minute workout Friday, rest on Saturday, and a 15-minute power workout on Sunday.

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. Right?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment