the wonderful world of veena.

03 March 2012

pre-race musings.

By this time, in 12 hours, I should - hopefully - be finishing with my 10k. After all these months of training, it finally comes down to the final 12 hours. Physically I am both ready and also not ready. By that I mean that a week ago I knew I could do it, and then on Wednesday I got sick. As in fever and stuffy nose sick. Normally I wouldn't care so much, but the stuffy nose makes it difficult to breathe through my nose while I'm running. As a result, I've had to slightly amend my plans for tomorrow. I am still going to run as much as I can, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I have to walk a bit of it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't come to that.

So now I'm going to curl up in my bed and fall asleep to whatever pops up on my Netflix and dream about running across the finish line. [in reality, I'm probably going to dream about spreadsheets and data from interviews and whether it goes in human or financial or infrastructure or social. or how about all 4! don't ask, I promise you don't want to know...]

Sweet dreams, all. I'll catch you on the flip-side.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment