the wonderful world of veena.

28 May 2011

more and more pictures.

I've been a picture taking fiend these past few weeks.  Ok, not really, but I have managed to accumulate quite a few.  Taking pictures from the bus can be a bit awkward, because I draw a lot of funny looks.  Plus the only thing I have to take pictures of these days out of a bus window is the "progress" of the Metro construction.  And really, there are only so many pictures like that that can be taken.  There are still a few on my list that I want to make sure to get, but it hasn't happened as yet.  I'll keep you posted.  Until then, enjoy these:

[this will one day be a Metro pillar.  just probably not before I leave]

[because I have recently become an expert at reading Kannada, I noticed that the English translation for this movie was misspelled based on the Kannada title.  just call me genius]

[since the Metro construction has taken over the road, people are now using the construction sites as footpaths]

[Anthony Appa's 60th birthday cake]

[I always love pictures of misspellings.  it's how I combat my obsessive compulsive need for proper spelling; I take a picture and laugh.  it keeps me sane]

[finally got to spend some time with my cousin's son Harsha on my last trip to Coimbatore]

[always love signs encouraging people to be sustainable.  wish there were more of them]

[this one always cracks me up.  finally saw it during the day and managed to awkwardly get a picture out the window of the bus]

[we celebrated Super's 21st birthday at the farm]

[you won't get hot dogs or nachos at sporting events in India; instead, you get pav bhajji and samosas]

[the IIM-B campus.  it's gorgeous, but they lose major points because it's ridiculously confusing to try to find your way around]

[painted on the ground at the IIM-B campus.  thought it was a good motto]

[Nithya's workshop on mapping our daily routines to learn how to lead more sustainable lives.  go through it and try it for yourself]

[I saw this and immediately remembered my second year at Rhodes]

[this is the candy dish Mindy and I swiped from 1912 all those years ago and gave to Bern; it was the beginning of our careers as kleptomaniacs.  Bern is currently showcasing dried jasmine flowers in it]

[ringing in Super's 21st at midnight]

[a cart of tender coconut shells.  it made me want one, but they were all empty, and the guy was nowhere to be found]

This will be the last chance I get to upload pictures for a while, as I'm heading to the farm tomorrow for a few weeks and will only be able to get to the Internet intermittently.  Be prepared for an onslaught of pictures [schoolchildren; sunrises/sets at the farm; our science experiments; costumes from our performances; banjarpalya village; the sights of mahaballipuram; and a million little things in between] once the group leaves on the 11th and I get some semblance of a life back.

Until then...
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment