the wonderful world of veena.

23 May 2011

preparing for chaos.

From now until the 26th of June, life is going to be crazy.  I am likely to forget my own name, so forgive me if I forget yours as well.

This week the South Asian Youth Conference is happening here in Bangalore, and while I am not attending as a delegate, I am assisting Nithya with her workshop [Tuesday], facilitating another with Amai [Wednesday], and attending a meeting about Road to Rio+20 [Thursday].  And all of this is happening on Bannerghatta Road, which is approximately a long, long way from my house.  Those are going to be fun bus trips.

The weekend kicks into gear with two school groups arriving.  The Impington 7 [plus a dad] are arriving on Saturday evening, and the SFX group is arriving super-duper early on Sunday morning.  Their arrival also marks my hiatus from the Internet world for a few weeks, as I will be staying with them on the farm.

The SFX group is here for 2 weeks, so we're organizing a science exhibition and cultural program at a school near the farm and then traveling to Mahaballipuram [here's hoping my face doesn't melt off].  Almost as soon as they leave [in actuality, I think it's 4 days], I'm taking the Impington group to Hampi once they finish their gardening and painting work at the Boys' Home.  We're back for two days and then off to Mysore and Coorg.  And in between all of this are the normal extracurricular activities: Indian Nights, Bollywood nights, nights out on the town, days of sightseeing and shopping.

In between there somewhere, Marigold will be arriving to begin her training as our paid intern for the next year.  My friend Jane is coming on the 1st of June to intern with us.  And I also have about 4 ongoing projects that all need to be wrapped up at some point.

And then once these groups clear out by the 26th of June, I'll have approximately 9 days to finish packing, shopping, and saying my goodbyes before leaving on a jet plane and not knowing when I'll be back again.

yikes.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment