the wonderful world of veena.

19 May 2011

phew.

It's been a crazy few days.

I went to Coimbatore Monday and Tuesday to see my family and to spend some time with my grandmother before I head back to the States.  Even though I'm not leaving until the beginning of July, with the way the schedule has worked out for next month, these two days were the best option for my last trip down into the Nadu of Tamil.

It was a good trip -- I got to catch up with my cousins, spend some time with Anu's son Harsha, spend a bit of time with my grandmother and a few others of that generation, and sleep a lot.  Unfortunately, it was super hot.  As in, hotter than Bangalore, which I didn't think was possible.  But otherwise a pretty well-spent two days.

And then.  On Tuesday night, when I was on my way to catch my bus back to Bangalore, Viji called to say there still wasn't any water at home [the tank had gotten empty on Sunday and apparently the water supply had still not come].  That meant that I couldn't bathe or even wash my face upon completing my overnight bus journey.  Not cool.  I spoke to Amai and arranged to crash her house super early in the morning so that I could at least wash my face and brush my teeth - both musts after a night spent on dear old Rajahamsa.

I reached Chamarajpet around 6am and crashed for a few hours.  Up around 10, brush teeth, wash face, breakfast, and off to the Boys' Home.  Since Prakash and I always go out on Wednesday nights, I just went back to Amai's after work and hung out until it was time to head into town and then reached home only around 10.30 that night.

And again today it was off to the Boys' Home in the morning and then to Amai's after work.  Amai and I met with Nithya about what we need to do for our workshop next week, and then we took Amai's mother and aunt to the uber fancy Skye Bar at uber fancy UB City.  By the time everyone also had something to eat and we left and then managed to catch an auto home from Chamarajpet, it was nearly midnight by the time we reached home.

So since reaching Bangalore Wednesday morning, I have spent approximately 12 hours at home, 2 of which were spent playing cards and 7 of which were spent sleeping.  I am very much looking forward to being at home tomorrow and generally being able to get my wits about me again.

In good news, we have water at home again.  Now we just have to see how long it lasts.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment