the wonderful world of veena.

11 June 2011

back to some semblance of normalcy.

Well hello there, world, it's nice to see you again.

It's been a crazy few weeks in Bangalore land.  I've been staying at the farm for the past two weeks with the SFX group - all 22 of them.  Thank goodness for Surya and Samy, and Ryan as well.  If not for them, I think I would have lost my sanity long back.  Other than a showdown with Prabhu last week, it was a very pleasant two weeks.  The students were super sweet, and they really pitched in the last few days and helped Samy and Ryan with getting breakfast together while I was not well.  Between the crazy weather changing and the lack of proper sleep, my body took a beating.  My smoker's cough is out in full swing, and I'm hoping that a few days back in my own bed will clear that up quick fast and in a hurry.  I spent most of the last two days sleeping at the farm, but there is just something about being in your own house and sleeping in your own bed that works wonders.

We took these guys to Mahaballipuram, which was fun, other than the stupid hot hot heat.  On the way there, it was already boiling hot at 7 in the morning.  I kid you not.  And then we got to the resort and found out that they were renovating their pool.  Seriously?  They had to make arrangements for us to swim next door at the Tamil Nadu Tourism hotel.  It worked out well for us, though, because their pool was bigger.  And with 25 people, a little extra space is always helpful.  Plus they were filming one new Tamil movie just next to the pool, so I entertained myself by practicing the dance moves along with the hero of the film.  The director sent one of his assistants to ask if I was interested in dancing for the movie, but I very graciously turned him down.  Just think, I could have been the next Tamil movie dancing sensation.

Honestly, my single complaint from the last two weeks is that I've not had any spicy food.  My taste buds are in full rebellion.  My only request for dinner choices tonight is that it is spicy.

I got some nice pictures the past few weeks that I will get around to uploading one of these days.  Prakash and I went on a nature walk at the farm last Sunday after we sent everyone into town, and we got some nice shots of the flowers blooming.  The only thing I forgot to get was a shot of the sea in Mahaballipuram, but that was partly because I was sick and in bed most of the second day we were there.

While all of this was going on, Morgan has been looking after the Impington group.  They are finishing up their work at the Boys' Home this week and we are leaving to Hampi on Wednesday evening.  We're back on Saturday morning and then off again next Monday to Mysore and Coorg for three days.  And somewhere in there I need to start cleaning out my cupboard and begin deciding what to take with me and what to leave behind.

I will be back soon with more interesting life updates as well as some pictures.  Until then...
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment