the wonderful world of veena.

16 September 2012

70 years young.

Today is my father's 70th birthday. Last year I wrote about how my father and I are both twin souls and polar opposites, and much of what I said still stands true today. But as much as we may differ on various topics, he will always remain one of my greatest role models for how to live my life and how to serve my fellow human being.

I often don't have the words to express to my father how much he means to me or how much I look up to him, but that doesn't mean that I don't strive every day to follow in his footsteps. I wish I could be there to ring in this day with him and my mother and brother, to celebrate this milestone, but I hope he knows that I am honoring him on my own here in Nepal.

And because thinking of my father's birthday made me a bit nostalgic, I took a spin through a Facebook album of old pictures I had scanned and posted, and these were a few of my favourites. Enjoy.








Happy Birthday, Pa. Hope it's everything you hoped for and more.
woo pig.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment