the wonderful world of veena.

27 September 2012

30 thursdays: 30 songs I'm always listening to.


It is a well-known fact that my taste in music runs the gamut of genres, artists, and decades. It comes from growing up listening to a mixture of Hindi movie songs and 80s hair bands, with some Elvis thrown in for good measure. While I go through phases of favourite songs, the following ones tend to show up on any playlist I make and never fail to make my day just a little bit better.

30 songs I'm always listening to:
  1. Make You Feel My Love cover by Adele
  2. Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap
  3. Reason Why by Rachael Yamagata
  4. Senorita from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
  5. Southern Girl by Amos Lee
  6. At the Beginning from Anastasia
  7. Suspicious Minds by Elvis
  8. Kuch is Tarah by Atif Aslam
  9. The Promise by Tracy Chapman
  10. She's Always a Woman by Billy Joel
  11. Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi
  12. Stand by Me cover by the Woolsocks
  13. Cowboy Take Me Away by the Dixie Chicks
  14. Defying Gravity from Wicked
  15. If I Were a Carpenter by Johnny Cash with June Carter
  16. La Vie Boehme from Rent
  17. Faithfully by Journey
  18. When Everything Seems Wrong by Ari Hest
  19. Summer Wine cover by The Corrs
  20. Every Rose has its Thorn by Poison
  21. November Rain by Guns 'n Roses
  22. Pehla Nasha from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar
  23. Tum Ho Toh from Rock On!!
  24. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
  25. Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars
  26. Someday You Will be Loved by Death Cab for Cutie
  27. All We'd Ever Need by Lady Antebellum
  28. Icky Thump by the White Stripes
  29. Peaches & Cream by John Butler Trio
  30. Lay Lady Lay by Bob Dylan
These are the songs that are generally stuck in my head. Which ones are stuck in yours?
woo pig.
xx

[if you're curious about my awesome new heading for the series, dear sweet Laura designed it for me. isn't it great? thanks, La!]

No comments:

Post a Comment