the wonderful world of veena.

01 May 2012

dream vacation: ireland.

I am linking up again this week with laura for her Take Me There Tuesday series. This week we're going [virtually] to Ireland!



Ireland has long been one of my dream vacation spots. I think I read a book set in Ireland sometime in middle school and have been obsessed with traveling there ever since. As a teenager I had dreams of running through meadows with a handsome Irish boy who was head over heels in love with me. Alas, that has not yet happened, but there's still time...

For our Social Change group presentation, Mitchell, Maggie, Katie, and I are discussing the events leading up to the Irish War of Independence. As a result of my research, I have happened upon numerous pictures of Ireland, which have only served to reawaken my desire to spend some time there. After seeing these pictures, how could you not want to go there?

[image via]

[image via]

[image via]

[image via]

[image via]
I dream once again of traveling to Ireland, of wandering through fields and meadows and hills, of discovering small, out-of-the-way towns where you can spend a day in the neighbourhood pub, reading and eating and drinking and chatting.

One of these days, it WILL happen. And maybe, just maybe, I'll meet that Irish man-of-my-dreams along the way.

Hey, it could happen.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment