the wonderful world of veena.

11 May 2012

saying goodbye.

Last week, I said goodbye to one of my classmates who has already left for his IPSP. Tonight, I said goodbye to five more. There is already one to whom I did not get to say goodbye, and I realized there are a few more whom I will not get to see again before they leave.

And it's weird. It's suddenly hit me that I won't see any of my classmates again [save Maggie and Mitchell, hopefully] until next spring. That's weird, considering we're all still in the same program. We're going to be having many of the same experiences, just in different parts of the world.

I'm not second-guessing my decision to move back to India. At this stage in my life, I do believe that it is where I want to and should be. My time there is not yet complete, and I want / need to see where this journey is going to take me. I am fortunate to have a great foundation in Bangalore from which to start and to be enrolled in a program that allows me the flexibility to spread my wings and see how far I can fly.

So no, I'm not second-guessing my decision. But I am sad at having to say goodbye to the people with whom I have spent so many hours over the last 9 months. The 36 of us have been through a lot together - some of it really good, some of it really bad - and we have survived this year in large part because of each other. To know that we will be so scattered next year makes me sad, but it also makes me thankful that I've had this year to get to know some really awesome people.

So classmates, wherever this summer and this next year takes you, I hope you know how much I appreciate and respect each and every one of you. Good luck in your adventures, have a blast, stay safe, and remember to look both ways before crossing the street [in other parts of the world, they drive on the other side of the road].

Besides, it's not really goodbye. It's more like see you later.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment