the wonderful world of veena.

03 November 2014

43 of 52: a football-filled week. and lots of pretty fall weather.

I definitely got my share of football this past weekend, and it was awesome.

The U of M Tigers had a home game on Friday night [Halloween!], so I got tickets for my mother and me. I love that she is always up for a game, even when the forecast is calling for crazy cold weather [for Memphis in October].

[liberty bowl. such a great stadium]
We piled on the layers and carried a few blankets and made our way down to the Liberty Bowl for Friday's game against Tulsa. And I'm so glad we did, because it was their Homecoming and the stands were pretty empty, probably owing to the combination of Halloween on a Friday and the cold weather.

[all bundled up for that 49 degree kickoff]
Although Memphis began the game a little shaky, they found their groove and eventually won, 40-20. As I was telling the woman sitting behind us, it's so nice to be able to support the hometown team without it interfering with our love for Razorback football. #gotigersgo

On Saturday Walshie and I hit up Memphis Day at Rhodes before the Rhodes v Birmingham Southern game. We chatted with Ari from Wiseacre Brewing and played with some puppies and then found a comfy spot on the lawn to watch the game.

[beautiful afternoon for some rhodes college football]
Like Memphis, Rhodes got off to a slow start, but they pulled out a victory, 20-10, capping off a fun afternoon back on the campus of our alma mater. It was a gorgeous day, the weather was cold but sunny, and the french fries from the MarksGrill food truck were fabulous.

other highlights included: Grizz home opener; back to working Fanbank; two job interviews; finished two lengthy books; Spirits for Scholars fundraiser for Memphis College Prep; the proper onset of fall weather.

[the sun rising on a new memphis grizzlies season] 
[grizzlies home / season opener. let's do this, grizz nation]
[got some free stuff from craig brewer] 
[treating myself to the wonders of central bbq] 
[loved discovering this gem. i might be reading this to myself every night before i go to bed. no big deal]
[fall weather has arrived in the 'hood]
[pretty pretty pretty] 
[got my t-shirt from the sun's harvest!] 
[silent auction winnings. so exciting] 
[our saturday evening sports-watching setup]
This time of year is my favourite: beautiful weather, warm clothes, leaves changing colours, and lots of college football to be watched.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment