the wonderful world of veena.

10 February 2014

5 of 52: a carroll family weekend.

My dear Maggie, one of my favourite Clinton School classmates, is getting ready to move to New York City in a few weeks. She is a fantastically talented photographer, videographer, and journalist, and she is heading to the Big Apple to continue working on her portfolio. To celebrate her journey into the great unknown, I headed to Little Rock this last weekend to soak up some time with my Moo and generally to hang out with her family, who are all pretty spectacularly awesome.

Molly, the Middle, now lives in Seattle and had planned to come home on Friday as a surprise for their mother, so we plotted a trip to the Purple Cow as an excuse to get out of the house to go pick her up from the airport. It was snowing lightly on the way there, and on the way back it got pretty bad. We actually got stuck a few miles from their house, and Papa Carroll had to come rescue us. Luckily Mama Tiziana was shocked enough to see the Middle that she didn't yell at us for being out in the bad weather :)

[this was the sight on Pleasant Forest on Friday night]
The snow gave Maggie and I the perfect excuse to stay in on Saturday and generally lounge around. We had a nice late breakfast of pancakes and eggs and sausages and then played wii Dance for a solid two hours. I had never played it before, and I was definitely sweating profusely by the end of it. It was super fun, and I am plotting how I can procure one for myself.

[the view from one of the front windows]
Moo and I spent the afternoon watching Bhaag Milkha Bhaag - excellent movie, by the way - and then we read for a little while before watching some of the Olympics coverage and enjoying a late dinner and some general hangout time with her family.

[the Middle and the Mama rocking out]
It was so nice to get out of town for a few days and enjoy a relaxing few days with Maggie and her family. The Carrolls are such a genuine, caring family, and I always love getting to spend some time with all of them. They're good people, and I can't wait to go see them again. And of course to visit Moo in the NYC.

other highlights included: received a super sweet note in the mail from Nana and Pops; ordered my first ever bridesmaid's dress; a winter wonderland in LR; future plans slowly taking shape.

Hope you all have a happy week ahead!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment