the wonderful world of veena.

04 February 2011

things I am looking forward to.

For being the shortest month, this Feb certainly does have some interesting upcoming happenings:

1. BEAR IS COMING TO VISIT!  I got a text from Ellie on Wednesday that said simply, "What are you doing in two weeks?"  I'm sure my victory dance was one of great amusement to the patrons of Guzzlers.  It's only a week-long visit, but I'm sure it's going to be one extended gong show.  Here's hoping my liver and my party hat survive.

2. Fireflies Festival of Music.  An all-night outdoor music festival at a sustainable farm on the outskirts of Bangalore.  Conveniently happening while Ellie is in town.  I ask you, what could be better?

3. The India-England World Cup match has been moved from Kolkata to Bangalore.  I feel bad that Eden Gardens lost the match, because they are a great venue, but you better believe I'll be at that match come the 27th of this month.

4. Lots of birthdays.  We celebrated Pranay's last night.  Sumi's and Kamal's tonight.  After that there are only about 6 or 7 more to go.  How are so many people born in such a short span of time?

5. UG fundraiser this weekend.  The last time I get to harass people for their money.  Sigh.

6. Packers-Steelers Super Bowl!  I'm still trying to figure out how best to stream the game on my excruciatingly slow internet while at the same time having both my brother (lifelong Cheesehead) and my mother (practically-lifelong Steelers enthusiast) on a Skype conference.  At approximately 5.30 Monday morning, Indian Standard Time.  Wish me luck.  And also offer suggestions.

7. The Right to Choose.  My "third-born" Shonali is organizing a march and concert as a protest against moral policing.  Not only am I always excited about sticking it to the Karnataka cops, but I am also proud of her for finding something she's so motivated about and seeing it through.

8. And many other things in between.  Planning some fun trips for the next few months (Goa, Pondicherry, Ooty, Bombay).  Planning my brother and mother's visits for June/July.  Finally having time to plow through my pile of books gathering dust on my shelves.  Fun new upcoming projects at the Boys' Home (we're planting a garden!).  And generally continuing to wrap up my Peace Child responsibilities and spend time with the Peanut.

I have a feeling this month is seriously going to test my time-management skills.  Wish me luck.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment