the wonderful world of veena.

07 February 2011

strangers who blog.

I began reading my friends' blogs a few years ago as a way to keep up with various people's lives while in India.  And for the ones who have blogs, it's been a great way to keep track of all the graduations, weddings, babies, and other great news they have had to share.  But I mostly stuck to my friends, and maybe a few of their friends on occasion.  I have recently begun sporadically reading blogs of random strangers, and it's been fascinating.

At first I admit, I felt like a bit of a voyeur, reading about the personal lives, trials, and tribulations of complete strangers.  Then it dawned on me that these people are posting their news in a public forum, just as I am, so I might as well indulge my inner stalker.

One of the things I can never get over is that a lot of people post something nearly every day, and sometimes multiple times in a day.  I know this is something that won't seem so outrageous when I once again live in a country with fast, reliable Internet, but at the moment it blows my mind.  I guess maybe part of it is that my life just isn't exciting enough to have something to say every day.  This blog is really just a collection of all the random thoughts in my head and of the random happenings that is my life.  Some weeks there will be more posts than others, depending on what's been happening and how much time I actually spend at home to get around to it.

The other thing is how time-consuming this whole thing is.  Already there is checking news and sports scores and Bill Simmons' column and catching up on the blogs of people I know, and now I find myself spending more time than I should reading about the lives of absolutely complete strangers.  Is this a problem that any of the rest of you face?

[hmm.  an epiphany.  it could also be because my facebook is not working at home, so I'm taking the time I would spend faffing on facebook and doing it on blogger instead.  it's a thought.]

Anyhow.  Time to stop wondering about my stalker tendencies and work on finding tickets for World Cup matches.  Keep those fingers crossed for me.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment